As a freelance writer with several years of experience and more than 200 published blog posts and marketing pieces under my belt, I have covered topics ranging from health care to legal marketing. Additionally, from 2012 to 2015 I worked full-time as the sole marketing creative writer for Roth Staffing Companies, L.P., one of the largest staffing companies in the U.S. with more than 100 offices nationwide across 6 separate business lines. My duties encompassed the following.
- Brainstorm an annual 52-week marketing campaign for five separate staffing business lines and specializations spanning legal, technology and engineering, administrative and clerical, finance and accounting, and direct hire staffing
- Produce the materials included in the 52-week campaign such as white papers, emails, flyers, direct mail postcards, seasonal e-books, and presentations
- Incorporate a social media strategy, and facilitate brand visibility and audience engagement via platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Glassdoor, and Yelp
- Improve SEO ranking of all business line websites
- Craft website copy for new and existing websites
- Help to brand two new business lines focused on strategic staffing solutions and health care staffing, respectively
- Manage the organization’s public relations platform
- Spearhead corporate communications
- Write awards nominations and manage the nomination processes
- Create and edit two monthly e-newsletters and one quarterly publication
- Fashion a monthly feature highlighting Roth Staffing’s philanthropic program
- Proofread and edit all written materials
During my tenure, Roth Staffing Companies earned several marketing distinctions such as the American Staffing Association’s prestigious VOICE (Vision, Originality, Innovation, Creativity, and Effectiveness) Awards for the best staffing communications strategy and materials in the industry, and the Award of Excellence in the Sales-Enablement Tools category by the Business Marketing Association. The organization was also ranked the #1 Top Workplace in Orange County by the Orange County Register and the #2 Best Place to Work in Los Angeles by the Los Angeles Business Journal, and overall earned more awards in one year than ever experienced in the company’s 20-year history.
I started freelance writing as a student at the University of California, Irvine and have continued to hone my craft in the years since while also pursuing other business interests. After graduating with a bachelor’s degree in English and minor in comparative literature, I worked as a salesperson in the insurance industry, followed by two and a half successful years as Roth Staffing Companies’ creative writer within a prolific and fast-paced marketing team.
In 2014, I co-founded an artisan candle company and worked with my partner on branding, marketing, and business development. I then earned a TEFL (teaching English as a foreign language) Certification and left the United States, traveling and teaching English to Korean schoolchildren for eight months.
I returned to California to fully dedicate myself to helping individuals and businesses reach their marketing and business goals. I not only appreciate you taking the time to learn about me and my freelance writing services, but also look forward to helping you and your organization show the world all that you have to offer.